Hospital Pre-registration Information Here
We offer a variety of classes to help prepare you and your family for baby! These include:
- All About Labor and Delivery-All About Labor and Delivery discusses stages of labor, when to come to the hospital, and the delivery process.
- The Milky Way-This class teaches the "how-tos" of lactation/nursing your newborn: how to get started, how to know if your baby is getting enough and much more!
- Newborn and Postpartum Basics-This class covers care for the postpartum parent plus baby care topics such as bathing, feeding, diapering, and safety issues.
- Comfort Measures-This class with teach you breathing, massage, and positioning techniques used by our labor and delivery staff to help control pain while you are in labor.
- Cesarean Birth Guide-Learn about the common reasons for C-sections, what happens during surgery, and how to care for yourself when you go home.
- Healthy Life, Healthy Baby-This class will offer clear instructions and specific examples of healthy ways to maintain your diet while pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding.
- Newborn, New Life Skills-This class will allow you to participate in a fast-paced hands-on overview of labor, breastfeeding, postpartum recovery, safe sleep and infant massage.
- Infant CPR-Infant CPR training is available for expectant and new parents, including those who are adopting, and other caregivers of infants (newborns to 1-year-olds)
- Expectant Fathers-In this class, fathers learn about the impact of a child on a couple's relationship and are offered important tips.
- Baby Ready Express-This express class offers a virtual hospital tour and covers content from the following classes in a convenient one day format: All About Labor and Delivery • Cesarean Birth Guide • Newborn & Postpartum Basics •The Milky Way.
- Clase de trabajo de parto y lactancia maternal-Esta clase analiza las etapas del trabajo de parto, cuándo acudir al hospital y el proceso de parto. La clase enseña los procedimientos de la lactancia materna: cómo empezar, cómo saber que su bebé está tomando lo suficiente, incorporar la lactancia materna a su estilo de vida y extraer leche para volver al trabajo.
- Hospital Tour- Offered virtually and in-person
Dates/times as well as a link for registration can be found in the upcoming events section below. Contact Amanda.email@example.com if you need any assistance with registration.
All in-person classes are in the 4007 Kresge Way building, all in-person tours start in the main lobby of the 3900 Kresge Way building. No classes or tours will begin in the main hospital building. All virtual classes will be held on Zoom. Classes are open to anyone. Please register each person attending for in-person classes and tours except for Comfort Measures.
The dedicated team of maternity care experts at Baptist Health Louisville is here to help ease you into motherhood. Join our Facebook group to connect with other new moms and to continue receiving tips and support.
Advance Care Planning - Conversations That Matter
Do you have an advance directive or living will? We ask that question of every patient we care for, but… what is an advance directive? If this thought has ever crossed your mind, or you have wondered exactly why having an advance directive is important, this no-cost, virtual one hour class is for you.