At Baptist Health Lexington, we offer community education programs and resources to help patients and families find answers to healthcare questions and to promote healthy lifestyles. These include a variety of classes to prepare expectant parents for childbirth and parenting, nutrition education, and many support groups.
Maternity Resources and Classes:
- Lexington Maternity Unit Video Tour (English) (En español), viewable anytime
- Breastfeeding 101 (pre-recorded class, viewable anytime)
- YoMingo: Register for our free maternity app (includes articles, videos, and features such as a contraction timer, kick counter, baby feeding and diaper chart, and more), After registering, you will receive a confirmation email. Utilize the username and password in your confirmation email for your initial log in to the app.
- Download Your Birth Plan
For the following free
classes, dates and registration are listed in "Upcoming Events" below:
- Great Expectations Class (virtual or in-person option): Overview of labor, birth and postpartum recovery at Baptist Health Lexington (includes a photo tour of the hospital maternity areas)
- Baby Care Basics (in-person): Learn the basics of newborn care and safety
- Just Breathe: Comfort Measures for Labor and Delivery (virtual): Natural pain management methods for labor
- Cesarean Section Class (virtual): What to expect in a surgical birth
- Grandparent Class (virtual): Infant care and safety updates for the modern grandparent
Advance Care Planning - Conversations That Matter
Do you have an advance directive or living will? We ask that question of every patient we care for, but… what is an advance directive? If this thought has ever crossed your mind, or you have wondered exactly why having an advance directive is important, this no-cost, virtual one hour class is for you. Register online!